Tuesday, March 16, 2010

God's Hand

broken down car Pictures, Images and Photos

We left on Thursday for CA for Gram's burial. It was a crazy few days. So much happened. The Lord was so gracious to us. I had one evening that truly was the highlight of the trip. I know without a doubt that was the whole reason I felt a press to go but I want to write about something the Lord did. It is such a sweet testimony and was a manifestation to my children. We left Monday morning at 4:40 am to start heading home. All was going well. I was driving and everyone else fell asleep. I was alone with my thoughts and replaying the last few days in my mind. Everyone began to wake up and the drive was going great. We were in the middle of the Nevada dessert miles from any town and no cell service when all of a sudden up went the temp gage and the car began to have steam coming from it. I pulled over. I know that God put us right where we were. You see, there were road workers right there. It was the only road construction we saw during our whole trip. They were working on a piece of highway no wider than 3 houses. 2 of the workers came over to see what could be wrong. I was looking and looking and checking the hoses to see if I blew a hose but the hoses were fine. The 2 men looked and couldn't find anything either. Finally we found that a T plastic piece had blown a hole in the back of it. So it took 2 1/2 hours to figure out how to rig it to be able to get to the next town. So with the next town 70 miles away off we went. We had to keep pulling over to let the car cool, add water then off we would go again. It got to the point that we could only go 3-5 miles before having to pull over again. I pulled over with 46 miles to go. I noticed I had cell service so I called into Hawthorne to see if they had the part and what time they closed. They close at 5 and it was already after 2. When we could only go 3-5 miles at a time and the cool time I knew we couldn't get there by closing. I got onto Facebook and put out a prayer request. I prayed, started the car and off we went again. We went those 46 miles without the temp gauge going past the half way mark. I knew it was only God. I got the part and fixed the car in the parking lot of the part store. I went to fill up the radiator and overflow to find that there was NO water left. Not a drop. The only thing we had was the hand of God to keep our car cool. It was so sweet and such a miracle. I am not only thankful that we were able to find the part and get home but also that God manifested himself and HIS power to my children again. I am soooo thankful. It will be another treasured testimony of God's power and his watchful care. As far as the rest of the trip I will have to write about it at another time. Thank you to all that saw my prayer request on Facebook and prayed on our behalf.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet testimony Kim! I love hearing what God does for people...thanks for sharing!

Jackie said...

That is a beautiful testimony of how God watches over us in our time of need. Thanks for sharing it is an uplift.

Tiffany said...

Awww thats so sweet sissy. I'm glad the kiddos where able to see god work. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip =)

candace smith said...

sweet testimony! we did pray for you! glad you made it safe! cant wait to hear about the rest of the trip

Sis. Leah said...

I am so glad to hear of the blessing God had on you and your family. What a sweet testimony!