Everyone who knows me knows that I have a great memory. I find it a blessing many times. There is a time in my life where I remember nothing though. In July of 1995 I had Justin. I have written before about the difficult delivery but beyond the delivery, when having him, only part of my afterbirth came. It took 11 months for the rest of it to come but in the mean time I became very, very sick. During that time as I began to become more and more sick it was hard not to think that I may die and leave a husband and 3 small children. I got so sick that I don't remember anything that happened over several months. My memory doesn't start again until the day the rest of the afterbirth came. Why am I thinking about this? Well, when we were in California I went to some brethren's home. Their kids were so excited to show me a video of a play the brethren's kids did when they were young. In the play was Hope and Jared. As I watched the video I wondered why I didn't remember that play, then I looked at that time stamp. It was when I was so sick. I didn't even know the kids had done a play. It was so sweet to see their little faces. They were so young and precious. It just reminded me of the time I had missed. A time that I wouldn't trade because of what God worked. God has performed many miracles in my life. Things that according to the knowledge of man is impossible. He has appointed me to suffer some things in my life but with each thing came a mighty miracle. I was so thankful to see the video and to be reminded of that time in my life. A time of suffering but a time of great mercy and grace. God has never failed me and has brought me through so much. I am just so thankful that I saw that video and got a missing piece back. God is just so sweet to me. Thankful...always Thankful.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is so bittersweet :) I'm so thankful God kept you through that time, but I am sorry you missed a little piece of your life. I am also thankful for you testimony and sweet memory of that time in your life...thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment