Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The One Constant

"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. "

I was thinking about the friends I have had in my life. The one thing I see is that the one constant friend I have had is Christ. He has always been there. When I needed to talk, many times he was the only one there to listen. When the tears have fallen he has seen every one. When comfort was needed he was the only one there. I have come to realize that friends are sweet to have but they are not constant. They are not always there when you need them but Christ is. This has been a very sweet lesson to me in my life. I can always go to him when no one else is there to listen. I can fall to my knees and cry to him and he comes to comfort me. Today I am thankful for the one constant in my life. I am thankful to have one true friend that is always available to talk, listen, brush the tears and comfort. It is such a sweet gift that has been given to me. Now I need to wrap up my post to go have another conversation with my FRIEND. One of many that will take place today.......Love to all. Hope you have a sweet conversation with your friend today too.

1 comments:

Carrie Houston said...

Amen! I can't imagine having a life outside of the faith....what a miserable person I would be.