I have been thinking about the relationship that should exist between the older and younger sisters. Tony and I call ourselves "middle of the road" brethren. We aren't really the older brethren but we aren't young either. So I just sit in the middle and look at what is going on around me. Sure, I know I have responsibilities too. I was thinking back when my kids were little. We spent lots of time with the older brethren. It gave me such a comfort level to go to them when I needed advice. They knew me and my personality. They knew how to address issues with me just because they knew me. They really KNEW me. There really is safety in a multitude of counselors so I didn't want to only go to my Mom for advice. Those were such precious times. I love the relationships I have formed with my older sister's through the years.
To my young Sister's... Get to know your older Sister's. Their experience and wisdom is precious. Get to really KNOW them. Someday they will be gone and the times you laughed and cried together will be a treasured memory.
To my older Sister's... Get to know your younger Sister's. Think back when you were young and raising a family. Think back at all the questions you had about what to do and how to raise them in the nurture of Christ. Spend some time together. Get to know them and their kids. Let your example shine.
To us middle of the road Sister's...Seek God because our time is coming!
I really do think about this pretty often. I read the instruction of what the older is to teach the younger. I have prayed for many years about these things. Not that I have a great amount of wisdom but I pray that God may use me from time to time to just help and comfort my younger Sister's as they raise their family. Years ago an older Sister received a prophecy which told her that she was a Mother to many. I remember how sweet that was to me. It made me think of the years that were ahead of me. Do we look at our older Sister's as Mother's? Do we have the same concern and respect for our older Sister's that we have for our Mother? Do we look at our older Sister's as we look at Christ? We should. It is Christ that dwells within them. So in closing, younger Sister's spend some time with the older Sister's. Older Sister's extend yourself to the younger and set the example you have so much to share and we have so much to learn. Love you all!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Relationships
Posted by Kim at Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Beautiful post. I just read a article the other day that said to remember no matter where you are in life you are older than some sisters and younger than some. So It was great. Thanks my older sister:) but not by much!
I cant believe that this year it will be 20 years since we were baptized. It sure flies by. Through those 20 years I have treasured the relationships God has given me with my older Sisters. So much laughter and of course a few tears! So, So Blessed!
Awww i really loved this post sis. You'll always be my OLDER sister =D
I consider it a blessing to be your OLDER sister Tiff! I love you so much and already treasure the memories we have made together.
Aw, precious! I love this post as well :) You may be "middle of the road brethren" but we younger sisters look to you as well as the older. I'm thankful we have you.
xoxoxo
That is so true, Kim. Thanks for such a great insight!
Post a Comment