"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."
I have been thinking about this for the last few days. It seems as if everyone I know is going through some type of trial. I know it is for our good to go through things. It can work wonderful things in us if we allow it. I also see how some become discouraged through the trials. They begin to doubt God's love and care for them. Which brings another scripture to mind.....
"I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"
Will he find faith on earth? Will we be faithful through the good and the bad? Will we have the heart of Job...
"But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips."
Or
"And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
There are so many examples of those that displeased God. I don't want to be as the Children of Isreal that murmured and complained. He had them everything they needed for each day but ONLY FOR THAT ONE DAY. (Except for the 6th day in which they gathered for the Sabbath also). Am I content with what he provided me today? Am I looking toward tomorrow?
"But godliness with contentment is great gain."
Philippians Chapter 4 has been very comforting to me this morning too. Anyway, I have lots of scriptures on my mind this morning. Plenty to keep my mind on the GOOD things of God. May God comfort you the way he has me this morning.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Trials, Trial, Trials
Posted by Kim at Monday, February 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Amen sista! My prayer list is so long these days, i worry that i forget some people sometimes =S.
There is no greater comfort to me when times are hard than reading the scripture the Lord has left to comfort His people. I love how that just a few minutes on his word can bring instant comfort :)
Post a Comment