
This morning I was emptying a storage container so I could use it for something else. At the bottom of the box I found the card that was given to us by the Brethren in CA when we moved away. It was so sweet to read what each one wrote. Reading each note made me think back about that time. It made me remember how sad I was to leave my dear friends and my brothers but how much peace I had because I KNEW God was placing our feet here. I cant believe it has been 7 years. So much has changed.
As my mind sorted through the memories of the past it also began to fill with the treasures I have gained. I truly believe, having not made this move, God would not have been able to teach us some of the things he had for us to learn. We have gained so many treasures. If we wouldn't have moved here I wouldn't have my Sis. D back. A friendship once thought to forever be gone. I wouldn't be able to spend the last few years of my Grandma's life with her. I wouldn't have Tash to argue like sisters with. I wouldn't have my other cousins to go through things together. I wouldn't have many dear brethren that I haven't been with in many years. I love my brethren in CA but I think I have gained more than I lost when I moved. More than all of this, I'm thankful for the things the Lord has taught us. I'm thankful for the spankin's he has given me to show me where I have lacked. Although it has been hard to be separated from those I love it was so good for me.
This morning I'm thankful for that treasured find. It has filled my mind with lovely things. What a way to start the day!
Monday, January 4, 2010
Treasured Find
Posted by Kim at Monday, January 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so thankful you and Bro.Tony were faithful to do what God put in your hearts to do and move to Idaho. You guys are a great blessing to all of us. We love you!
Post a Comment