Psalm 19:14
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."
The meditation of heart has been on what it is to be selfish.
Selfish according to Websters
1 concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2 arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others - a selfish act
Do I put others before myself? I think we have all had the experience of doing something that means something to someone else that really puts our wants or needs on the back burner. How do I do it? Do I do it with a joyful heart or with a grudging one? I think I know where I am in all of this but am I just kidding myself? How do I treat my brethren? How do I apply the 25th Chapter of Matthew? To do those things I really can't be selfish. I guess it takes some self examination. I do not want to fall into the end of that chapter where it says,
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal
for life eternal I can't be selfish. Like I said these are just the meditations of my heart. Time for self examination. I think I know my heart in it but have to pray that I am not kidding myself. I know God will reveal it unto me if I am and if I am honestly wanting to know.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Meditations
Posted by Kim at Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment