Monday, December 15, 2008

The Party's Over...Now On To Christmas Shopping

The party is officially over! It really is fun to plan and do a party for my brethren but it is work. Thank you so much for praying for me. I was able to do all that needed to be done and stay until the end of the party. Tony, Hope, Jared and I went to get the place we rented decorated on Friday afternoon. It looked so cute (If I do say so myself) I made red mittens to set at each seat to hold a candy cane and silverware. You can see them a little in the picture below.





Here are a couple other pictures of the tables. At the party we dimmed the lights and lit the candles in the centerpieces.







We wanted to go with a Santa's Workshop theme so we asked a brother to paint a Santa's Workshop! We hired a Santa to come too. OK, he turned out to not be the cutest Santa I have ever seen but the kids didn't seem to mind. My thought when buying the wood for the workshop was that it was something we may be able to use for future church parties. I loved it! It was so cute but did turn out smaller than I expected so we may want to add some pieces like, Mrs. Clause's Bakery and Reindeer Stables. We'll see. Anyway, here is a couple pictures of it....






It is such a joy to me to be able to do these parties for my brethren. Yes, it is always work and lots to think about. So many small details to remember but it is so sweet to see my brethren laughing and just being together. We ended up with a house full! We had about 120 people!

I know that it was only God that got me through that day. For that I am sooo thankful.

Now the party is over and I really have to start getting my Christmas shopping done.

Love to all!

2 comments:

Sis. Leah said...

I am so thankful to hear that you were able to do for the brethren. You have been on my mind a lot. So much I got on google to see how far of a drive it would be to come and visit. So I am very thankful that God allowed you the strength to be able to do that. I pray that you will be back to your normal self soon. My prayers are with you.

Carrie said...

WOW! That workshop looks awesome! Whoever did that is VERY talented :) he! he! I am so glad you were able to be there and sing. You sounded beautiful and everything turned out so sweet! Love you!!!