Monday, December 22, 2008

O, The Weather Outside Is Frightful..But The Fire Is So Delightful...

Ok, I know we aren't the only place getting snow but boy is the fire delightful! I have built a fire in the fireplace everyday and LOVE IT! I love the flickering of the flame and the pops and cracks. As I watch the snow fall I am thankful for a warm fire to snuggle up next too.

I can't believe Christmas is almost here! Where did the year go? I am done with my shopping and the wrapping is coming very slow. I'm sure it will get done before "Santa" comes! Ok, enough of the update stuff on to my thoughts!....LOL.....

I was sitting here this morning thinking about the past year. It has sure been a full one. I got to go be with Sis. D and my dear brethren in Oregon many times. I got to see the hand of God move on Sis. B's behalf and heal her. It is hard to believe it was a year ago that I was kneeling next to her bed and singing to her with her eyes unable to open. I have been blessed to watch God bring forth several babies and give the breath of life. The first cry of a new baby is one of my favorite sounds in the whole world! I have also seen God come and take some home. I am thankful to be able to call God my father and to be able to call on him. God has filled our lives with so many blessings and joys. Yes, there have been sorrows but even in the sorrow there is joy. I want to face the new year with excitement. I want to see just what God has for us, the joys AND the trials. So for today I will continue to dwell on the good things. The things God has brought not just us but all his people through.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

5 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

We don't have any snow yet.I don't have a fire place either.But that sounds so wonderful.So enjoy it for me also.

Sis. Leah said...

I am so glad you are getting some snow. I want some so bad. I want to take the kids out to play in it. Maybe we will get some. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

P.S. If I was there I would help you wrap, I love to do it....

Sis. Leah said...

I am so glad you are getting some snow. I want some so bad. I want to take the kids out to play in it. Maybe we will get some. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

P.S. If I was there I would help you wrap, I love to do it....

Tiffany said...

We got a little snow this morning, but i will let you have the rest. I don't like it!

Anywho, this has been an interesting year in all of our lives. I look forward to next year and all the joys and sorrows that may come with it.

Love you sis, have a Merry Christmas!

Jackie said...

I would love to be in front of a fireplace right now it has been so cold here but no snow right now but we do have freezing rain. O and I love that scripture at the end it is one of my favorites!!!