Thursday, May 29, 2008

Where Did The Time Go?

Hope has officially graduated and my baby is in his list few days of elementary school. Hope really finished school in January but last night was the graduation. Her diploma is printed and it is official. Wednesday is the last day of school but today was the end of the year award ceremony. It was so surprisingly emotional for me. Elementary school is so much fun. All the cute projects and the excitement of the field trips. Now it is all over. On to middle school! Next year I will have one at the high school and 2 at the middle school. I just cant believe it. As I sat listening to all the presentations and watched Josh sing, all the little projects and special moments I have spent at the school kept flooding back. It was so cute when they announced Josh's name for a Presidential Academic Award. Not only did he get a certificate but a letter from George Bush and pin with the Presidential Seal on it. He looked SHOCKED! My other kids have received this same award so now we have a full set. LOL Not very many students receive the award so it is a pretty big deal. For Josh it is even a bigger deal. He has to work soooo hard. Like my husband, he is dyslexic. I also have another son that has it too. They really have to work extra hard to get a good grade so for Josh to score high enough on the scale to be considered was extra special. He struggles more with it than my other Son. GO JOSH! I hope that through it he has gained more faith since we all know that any success we have is not of us but only what Got has given. Anyway.....

The wedding planning is going great! Everything is falling into place. We spent the evening addressing the invitations so they can go in the mail tomorrow! Be on the look out!!! LOL That is always such a fun time for me, sitting around the table stuffing invitations, addressing them and having great conversations. It is so fun to talk about marriage and what is ahead. It makes it sooooo exciting and stuffing and stamping the invitations makes it seem so much more real. Things are just going to gradually get more busy and we get closer. (Especially since I am doing her shower too. ) FUN! FUN! FUN! I truly feel blessed to be a part of all that is taking place. I have been able to watch the whole thing unfold and watch God's hand. Just knowing how blessed I have been through it makes the labor of it all seem so small.

Until the next post.......

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Josh and Hope!!! That is so exciting. You have raised great kids. I wish we could be there for the wedding and to see all the hard work you guys put in. But I am sure we will see pics. Sounds like you are having a great time!!