Well wedding plans are under way and everything is just falling into place. Dress...Done, Jewelry...Done, Slip...Done, Flower Girl Dress...Done, Tables and Chairs....Done, Linens...Done. We have got so much figured out and done but of it all the Linens are what stand out to me. Let me share and hopefully the Bride wont care. Anyway, we all pray about things that are great and small. Things that are not life or death but would just mean something to us. As we were planning the wedding the Bride wanted to get tables and chairs but when I was pricing it all it was going to be soooo expensive. The tables and chairs weren't bad just the linens. It was going to cost more to rent a tablecloth than to rent the table. CRAZY! Anyway, I knew they would rather spend that money somewhere else than to have tables and tablecloths. I spent a couple of hours looking to find tablecloths online that might be less expensive then renting them. I would just buy them myself. I entertain lots and have lots of parties here so buying 25 round tablecloths wouldn't go to waste. I found some that were a little less than renting them but just didn't know what to do. You see, we are really close to the Bride and Groom and them getting married is truly a gift from God. They have waited on him for many days and the day of the wedding will be a great day of rejoicing for the brethren here. I just wanted them to have it the way they wanted. I said a little prayer just asking God to work something out. I know it isn't life or death and they will get married without tables but like I said I just wanted them to have what they had pictured in their mind. I called my companion and told him about what was going on. In his work he has contacts with a linen company but they usually only do work for restaurants. He called him and asked him if he would be willing to rent the tablecloths to us. We just thought maybe he would give us the same price they do the restaurants. My Hubby told him what we were looking for and he told him just to come get them at no charge. Hubby asked him if he was sure and he said that because he sends him so much business he is more than willing to do that for us. He called me and I was soooo excited I couldn't stand it! I called the bride and told her. Then Hubby called me back and said they guy is offering cloth napkins too! I then called the bride back and told her about my prayer. God answered me. He didn't have to. It was nothing of great importance just something to make their day extra special. I just wanted to share my excitement.
Also wanted to share about God's watchful care for me today. I have been working all day trying to get everything ready for a camping trip we are suppose to leave on tomorrow evening. We have had this planned since January. Anyway, I went and filled up my van so we would just have to hook up to the trailer to leave. I parked in the garage like I always do. A little while later I went out there and the gas fumes were SO strong! I came back in the house and then my mind got the better of me. Our Gas water heater is in the garage too and I started to worry that the fumes might ignite if it came on. Let me tell you, when I went back out there to move the van out of the garage the smell was sooo strong that my throat hurt. I backed out the van to find a puddle of gas on the floor. I came in and called the dealer to see when I could bring it in and was watching the gas drip out. I am just so thankful we didn't have an explosion. God was so good to us once again and Lord willing it wont cost an arm and a leg to fix it.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Just a little prayer
Posted by Kim at Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
The Lord has truly been with you Praise God. Thank you for sharing it is always good to hear about miracles big and small!!!
Wow Sister kim that is great about the wedding and what a wonderful blessing God gave you with the Gas leak in your Van praise God for all things big and small he sure loves us love you Sister Kim. Love, Sister Charlene
I've rejoiced so much these past few few days in all that the Lord has done. It seems like everywhere I turn this week I've heard a testimony of one answered prayer after another. It's such a comfort to know our God is always watching over us, blessing us with the big and small desires of our heart, and the times we're in danger and don't even have time to utter a prayer, He sends his angels to watch over us. (Missing singing that song with you but thankful it's not just a song)
That is two awesome testimonies Sis. Kim - Thank you so much for sharing =)
WoW Praise God.He is so good to us.
How sweet. God is so kind to us just to answer the little thing!!!
I am so thankful that the lord was so great to you sis kim. I am so thankful that you can sit and watch the lord hand move in your guys behalf. take care have a safe weekend. love you guys
God is so good to us.
Post a Comment