Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just A Quick Catch Up

Just had a minute to check in. I have been able to read every one's blog from time to time but haven't had time to post but here we go..... We got back from a wonderful trip to Oregon. It was GREAT having my hubby with me this trip. The recital was awesome. God has truly given Bro. B. such a talent. Our visits were awesome! (Of Course) We had an opportunity to visit some brethren that we haven't seen in several years. That was so sweet. All of our time there was full but wonderful. So many sweet visits and of course lots of laughter!

Since returning home it has been pretty crazy. There is a Sister here who is very afflicted and is going to die. I have been very blessed to be able to care for her. I have been going to sit and care for her and then come home and do my own house stuff and tend to my own family. It makes life really busy but it such a blessing. This week a couple other sisters sat with her for a bit but when it came to potty time I had to run back over to take her. That is just what she is comfortable with. Last night I was thinking about a prophesy I got last year that told me that he would bless me in ways I would never dream of. This is a blessing that I wouldn't have even thought of. It hasn't looked like a burden at all. It is with such a great joy that I have faced this. I know God has this labor for me. He has been so wonderful to teach me and show me what she needs. I hope all that read this understand that I am in NO way trying to boast. I am just sharing this wonderful blessing that God has given me. I know this will be a wonderful memory in my life. I also know that it is what it is because of God. He is the one that has worked between us to give us such a comfort level and love. He is the only one that guides me and gives me the strength to do it. Trust me I know it is nothing of myself. I truly am just thankful I was given this blessing. God truly is so good to me. Keep me in your prayers that he will continue to guide and direct me in this until she draws her last breath.

If I can't post again before Sunday... Happy Mother's Day!!!!

4 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

I am glad you had a good trip.
Sis.Kim I do understand you joy of doing a work the Lord as giving you.I two would love to be able to do that kind of work.I am no longer able to do all the things I once did.But he has seen to it that I can still do some things for the brothern. I feel like what we do for the brothern we do for him.So no, I don't think you are praising your self. I also see it as a blessing.

Jackie said...

I am glad also that you had a good trip. We will pray for you and the sister that you are helping to care for. Happy Mothers Day to you too!

Tiffany said...

I'm also thankful that she feels so comfortable with you sis. I'll pray that you and all those that are able to be with her will be a comfort and strength to her in these last days.

Jules said...

Oh that's so sad. It is hard to see a person about to die. We have one here also, and it breaks my heart. All we can do is pray that God will take them easy/peacefully. You will be blessed for taking care of her. Ho[pe you had a happy mothers day also :)