As I sat in church yesterday a sweet testimony of a dear brother kept coming to my mind. I will share a short version (to the best of my recollection) He was hired to do some building for a couple. When he went to start digging, to start the building process, the dirt was hard and impossible to be dug. It was going to take extra time, equipment and money that he knew the couple didn't have. So in faith, he took a bottle of olive oil and poured it out around where it needed to be dug. He prayed and came home. The next day, the soil was soft and he was able to do what he needed to do. That was only God! So in thinking of this testimony I thought about my heart. Is my heart hard and unable to be dug, plowed, weeded and unable to grow healthy fruit or is it seasoned with prayer and oil which keeps it soft. Soft enough to be worked with, soft enough to see the weeds begin to pop up through the tilled soil? I don't want the soil of my heart to be so hard that it cant be worked with. The soil so hard that when I try to weed, only the top of the weed breaks off from the root and the root be so grounded in the hard soil. It is a day of self examination. Have I worked the soil of my heart with enough prayer and oil? Do I tend to it enough to see the weeds as they just begin to sprout or do I ignore them so long that the root takes on a life of its own? Is the soil of my heart bringing forth the good fruit that is required of me? I'm thankful for the days that the Lord brings thoughts that cause me to examine myself. Even the days that I get a spankin'! "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment