Tuesday, April 12, 2011

According To Your Faith....

"And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you."

Have you ever thought about that..."According to your faith be it unto you"? I have thought about it many times. Recently one of the brethren came up to me to ask about my Dear Friend that is afflicted. I told what had been going on with her, when to my surprise the person replied, "oh well, She isn't going to get better anyway." and then they turned and walked away. I was left standing there pretty stunned by the reply. It has caused my mind to be stirred is several things. Have we forgotten that God left us the Gift of Miracles and the Gift of Healing? Have we sought God to see these things? Have we prayed that maybe WE may be used in one of those gifts? To see these things, there also has to be someone sick or hurt. There has to be someone willing to wait to see the hand of God move. For the afflicted one, what is their faith in it? When you read the stories of healing in the scriptures is was always according to their faith. The woman with the issue of blood knew she only had to touch the helm of his garment to be healed while another mans faith was that Christ didn't have to even come to his house to heal but only speak it and it would be so. So many examples to consider. I for one want to see these things. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is the same God that parted the Red Sea. I know I can see these things today. I don't ever want to sell God's power short. I have seen his hand move so many times in my life. He has made the impossible, possible. I want to see more. I want to see the gifts work. Don't you?


"And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way."



0 comments: