Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wow!

Help Wanted Sign Pictures, Images and Photos

What a crazy week and a half! My last post I wrote about Tony losing his job. After the shock wore off, the peace was wonderful. It was so awesome to have no fear of what was ahead. Even the kids had peace. Tony wanted to give himself a week to take it all in, do a few projects and seek the Lord about what to do. Each day I checked the job listings on several sites just to get an idea of what was even out there and what people were paying. Nothing looked very exciting or promising. Wednesday marked a week. We started talking about hiring someone to put together a resume and cover letter. It was time to get serious.....Wednesday night, long after Tony had gone to bed, I saw a new listing. It really struck me. On Thursday afternoon, after finishing another project, Tony came in and for the first time asked what jobs I had seen over the last week. (I never mentioned any of the jobs to him. ) I told him about the listing that I read the night before and showed it to him. We decided that he should call. The worst thing they could say was that they weren't interest in him right? The company is in Florida so it isn't like he could just make an appointment to go in for an interview. Tony left a message and the guy called back within an hour. They talked for a while. God worked in this mans heart toward Tony. Within 2 hours there was a phone call and 4 emails. It was happening so fast. Late Thursday night Tony and I sat at the Dining Table in the dark and just talked about it all. It was happening so fast that we felt as if we were in a whirl wind. We both felt really good about the job but it wasn't offered to him yet. We just felt like this was going to be "the one". Friday afternoon the call came.....Tony got offered the job! It was so amazing. It was the first call he made. Tony never filled out an application or sent a resume. God just worked in the man's heart. The company wants to add an office here. So, Tony will be working from home and start the business here. We will see what God has in store. It has all happened so fast. God has been so good! We are on another adventure! Just wanted to share the good news! I'll keep you posted.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay congrats and thanks 2 god

Anonymous said...

Thats Awesome Kim! Praise the Lord!

Tiffany said...

Very sweet testimony, Kim!