"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. "
I am so thankful for the opportunity to see this scripture come to life. We just had the pleasure of traveling to an assembly that we have never been before. It was such a blessing. We had such sweet visits while getting to know the brethren there. As we sat in meeting on Sunday I just thought about the above scripture and what I felt for each one that sat there. I thought about how we all share the spirit and that these were some that I would dwell with for eternity. How precious is that? We will walk on streets of gold together! These are brethren that we didn't know but as we sat and visited it felt as if we had known them our whole life. We were able to share stories and so much laughter. There were some questions about my family and the rejection by my family (not because I brought it up but because the situation is known by many brethren). As we talked about it I found my heart filled with such a joy in a sorrowful thing. As I looked at "my" brother that was asking the questions I thought about how he WAS my family. God has hand picked a family for me. My spiritual family is soooo precious. I was so filled. God has been so good to me. This will be a trip that we will treasure for many years to come. We hope that our dear brethren will come see us and of course we hope to go back to see them. I am just so thankful that God made a way for us to go and have such a sweet experience. I am thankful that once again I get to see scriptures come to life.
This morning my mind is also on what happened 1 year ago today. Today was the day that God answered my prayer in a way that I didn't expect him too. 1 year ago today I was seeking God that he would show my children his power and that he would increase their faith. About an hour later....I broke my leg in many pieces. My children were there. They were also there to see the Brother feel to set it. They have been here every day since to see how it has healed so perfectly and how I have been up and around. (If you haven't read the story you can go back through my blog and read my testimony back in June of 2009.) He DID show his power. He gave an ABUNDANT of grace and peace to me to go through what he had appointed. His power gave me a smile on my face and laughter while my leg lay in pieces on a stack of pillows and my brethren prayed for me. It will be a treasured blessing.
Today my mind is and will be full of thanksgiving for our trip and for Gods healing power. He has been so good to me in my life and has NEVER forsaken me.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
We're Home....
Posted by Kim at Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment