Life gets so busy that sometimes you have to take time to remember to love him.....you know...your husband. It is so easy to forget to take time to treasure each other. Our life has a lot of coming and going. Between church, kids, company, work etc we become strangers that pass each other in the hall. Going on our trip was so good for us. It allowed us to remember how much we love each other and just spend time together. When the kids were small we were so much better about taking time to spend together. Every so often we would put the kids to bed and have a late, quiet dinner for two. We could just sit and talk. I treasured that time. Now the kids are older and there is so much coming and going. Having the time during our trip for just each other was a good reminder of how important it is. I was so thankful for our trip because I got to step away from the trials and get refreshed to face them again but I am even more thankful for the time with my hubby. I am thankful for the reminder of just how much I LOVE HIM! Dear Sisters, remember to take time to spend with your hubby. Make a point to have one on one time. Go on a date, put the kids to bed and have a quiet dinner for two or just a quiet walk. Don't allow yourselves to just be strangers that are too caught up with kids and life to remember how sweet the love was between you at the beginning. When was the last time you took time to spend together just about YOU TWO and not about the kids or work?
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for the post, we have been married for 9 years now and it seems that one on one time has dwindled some. As we are getting ready to welcome our 3rd baby I wonder where we will find the time. I know it is very important thanks for the reminder!
We had 4 kids in 7 1/2 years. I know the craziness but also know that they grow and will be adults a lot longer than children. They grow, move out and then you are left living with a stranger if you dont take the time to stay connected.
Precious post! Very true...I know i've only been married a short time but I already see how important that is and how easy it is to be "too busy" even with just one baby.
What blessing we have in our faithful and loving husbands! I love going away spending time with just my hubby. Even though our kids are grown and gone, it's nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of life to be with Gods chosen for me :)
Post a Comment