Thursday, June 10, 2010

Examples That Made Me Think...

For the last several days I have been thinking about the example of three different sisters. Example 1....There were 2 sisters, one older than the other. The younger tried to wait on the older and the older tried to wait on the younger. Neither one expected to be served by the other. The feeling of love just flowed between them. It was sweet that neither EXPECTED nor DEMANDED to be served. Example 2...There was a sister who is older in age but young in Christ. When in church or at someones home stands to the back and waits to be approached. Yes, some people do this just because they are shy but this is not the case. When in a visit she asked another Sister why she never walks to the back of the church to greet her. She stands in the back not because she is shy but she expects everyone to walk to her to greet her or say hello. I have been thinking about the 2 examples. The first example is so sweet to me and I want that to be in me. I want the love to flow from me and not EXPECT my brethren to serve me. I want the heart to serve my brethren. Is serving my brethren really IN my heart? Is it so deep in my heart that I do it without even thinking about it like in Example #1?

In thinking about these things it caused me to think about what I saw in myself recently. I was having a hard time and going through an emotional things. I really EXPECTED someone to be there for me. I EXPECTED and WANTED someone to put me first for a few minutes and let me cry it out on their shoulder. It wasn't there and that hurt my feelings. I have learned that I cant and shouldn't EXPECT that. Although as women we want someone to talk it out with and cry with, I need to just keep it between me and God. I need HIM to be my comfort because he truly is my only constant. He is the only one in my life who will NEVER fail my expectations. I know that there will be times that I want someone to be there but I need to not EXPECT to be served by my brethren. I need to just leave it to God and let him direct someone in it and then the comfort will be sweet. I also know that he may not use anyone but still comfort me just the same. I thought of the story of Christ praying the garden and asking for his friends to wait with him but he kept finding them asleep. He was so disappointed. He was left with just him and God. I am thankful that this story came to life to me. He taught me that I cant and shouldn't expect to be served by my brethren. He taught me that I should rely on HIM to comfort me. I was encouraged to consider my heart and how I should serve my brethren. So many wonderful lessons to learn. I am thankful for the examples because they cause me to examine what is in MY heart and MY service before God.

0 comments: