Monday, October 26, 2009

Going Back...Way Back....

I have been going back, way back. Back to when I was a kid and the teachings and examples I was raised under. I have been so thankful for the things I have remembered. The talks I remember as a child, sitting back and watching the older brethren and their examples. I was thinking about an older brother who is now gone. He was so careful, not wanting to displease God, that he wouldn't even spit on the ground. It was God's ground, his creation. That example of the reverence he had for God and all that he created has stuck with me all these years. How careful am I? Is my conscience set to be pricked by the smallest thing or do I quench it? Do I make excuses? Do I try to justify myself?

I am so thankful for the teaching I was raised under. I am thankful to have had many older brethren to watch and learn from. I was blessed to begin my life on earth under sound teaching. I have always known where truth was taught. God placed faith in my heart to seek him and when He called, He gave me the faith to go into the water. Here I am all these years later, still thinking about the things I saw and heard as a child. It makes me wonder what my children will remember years from now. What talks will they remember? What example will they hold onto from the older brethren? God has blessed me so much by placing my feet where they have walked in my life. I cant help but to wonder where God will place my feet in the days and maybe years ahead and today...I wonder what the young brethren will remember about me when I'm gone. =0)

0 comments: