Friday, May 15, 2009

What A Week

My mind has been so full this week. Sis. Shannon's funeral is set for Monday so I am trying to get all the food arranged. Things are going OK as far as that is concerned. I'm still working on the singing and shower too. These 3 things can keep the mind pretty occupied but my mind has also played back Monday night numerous times. This is not the first time that the Lord placed me where someone passed away. It is a sight and feeling that you don't quickly forget. There are so many different feelings that rush through your body. You are happy because you know where they're going, kind of jealous because you know where they're going, sad because of those left behind, stunned because of what you just saw and thankful because of God's wonderful mercy and abundant grace. Bro. D and the boys are doing as well as can be expected. I am thankful her boys are finding refuge at our home with my children. It is very sweet to sit and watch God work through my children with the boys. I know he has given them words to say to them. The boys have been able to open up to our family and for that I am abundantly thankful but understand it is just God working. Many times this week I have thought about how I was so afflicted for so long and God healed me, he healed me to use me to care for Shannon and to hold her hand as she left this life. I sit and watch the boys and know that could have been my boys, but it wasn't. I am thankful that God used me to care for her. I am thankful I got to know her so well. We talked so much about our thoughts and our hearts before God. What a precious gift. I will think back on this time many times. Anyway, this is just a small glimpse into the roller coaster ride of my emotions this week. Love to all. If anyone would like to read Shannon's obituary here is the link....http://www.legacy.com/IdahoPress/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=127306082

3 comments:

pandama said...

sis kim im thankful her boys can be with your family may the greatest comforter be with you all. love and prayers

Tiffany said...

Thats so sweet the boys are spending time with your kids. That has to be a huge comfort. Wish i could be there for the funeral.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your care for her and her family. Bro. D and the boys have been in all our prayers. I wasn't able to be there and many times my words failed to know just the right thing to say, but the last text I got from her will be a treasure to me always, I know she knew how great our love was for her. Take care of yourself and stop doing so much (I know that fell on deaf ears :)