Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Ok, I know I have written about this scripture before but when it speaks about "whatsoever things are of good report" has really been on my mind. First, we have to offer the fruit of our lips for there to be a good report. Right? That seems pretty basic but my thoughts go a little beyond that. I was thinking about times when there is trouble. Do we focus on the good or just the doom and gloom? Do we still have praise on our lips? Do we still offer a good report of what God is doing or has done for us in times for trouble? This has really been before me. I was considering these things and then a perfect example happened. I was visiting with a sister about labor and what the Lord does and can do. Basically how we have a promise that his grace is sufficient but we need to pray for patience, that we can wait on the Lord to work his work. Since patience is a virtue it isn't always there. We have to practice it.... Anyway, I had told her that some people, brethren or not will try to share their story and try to freak you out. You know... people talk about how terrible it was etc. (Don't get me wrong, I know it hurts but Gods power and grace is greater) The very next day I was with this sister and we were with a group of other people. One woman began to speak negatively about birth. The sister looked at me and said.."Ok, now I'm scared." I then reminded her of our conversation. The Lord gave things to say to her to put her at ease but also to those we were with. This brings me back to this scripture. Was what people were saying a good report? No. Did it bring peace and joy? No. It was just the perfect example to me of how I should be. That what God has done for me, even in the time of trouble would always be first on my lips and not the negative. God's power and grace is so much more powerful and if we dwell on these things they bring peace and increase us. If we dwell on the bad and the troubles it brings fear and worry. What is more pleasing to God? What is more comforting to those in troubles? Anyway, just my thoughts. I am thankful that the Lord showed me these things. I do try to practice this but we all slip from time to time. Brethren laugh at me from time to time because my answer when asked how I am doing is...."I'm fine" . My affliction is my affliction but I am fine. God is so good to me and I am in the best hands. I AM FINE! LOL No need to focus on the bad. I am just thankful everyday. Love you all and may your lips be full of a good report.
Monday, January 12, 2009
What Is A Good Report
Posted by Kim at Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love that scripture.And I agree with you.How can we show the world that what we have to help us thur are trials & troubles.
We have a sister here ,that replies ,when ask how she is ,I am blessed by the best.
Loved our visit the other day!
Post a Comment