Last night I had a Mother Son chat with my oldest son. We talked about some of the choices he is making. It was very sweet watching him and see the softness of his heart. After our chat I kissed him and went to bed. I laid down and tears began to fill my eyes. I was playing the conversation back in my head and knew that God gave the words to speak to him. I was so thankful. As I thought about it, the scripture about the virtuous woman came to mind ..
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness"
It was such a comfort to me. I saw how when the words are God's wisdom there is kindness and it breaks the heart. It just reminded me how from time to time when I instruct my children there isn't always kindness in my tongue. In the busy life of being a Mom it is so easy to be quick to correct and it comes across as harsh. It was just a sweet reminder to be careful with my tongue. I want to instruct my children in the same sweet way the the Lord instructs me. I want there to always be the law of kindness in my tongue. It was just a sweet lesson from the Lord, one that he has shown me before but I needed a reminder.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Good Lessons
Posted by Kim at Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think it is so wonderful when the Lord gives us the words to speak. Not just the words but the manner in which to say them. And a receptive ear.
That is so sweet that he had ears to hear you.
Thank you for your post My son and I Just had a run in tonight and when i calmed down and prayed about it God also gave me words to speek to him. When I humbled my heard God gave me words that touched his heart and mine. It never fails to amaze me how God helps me to grow as I raise my children, I am so thankful for them and my sisters too. Thank you for your sweet post sister Kim Love Stacie
Post a Comment