Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm Baaack!

Why do my trips always seem to go so fast? I got in on Saturday. We spent some time with Brittany and then Dayna and I had a chance to go out for dinner that night. It was fun to spend that time together. After dinner we came home and played cards with Brittany. Brittany made it for about 4 hands of cards. Sunday was church. Meeting was very sweet and we heard good things. Sunday afternoon we had some brethren over for lunch at the Hansen's. Sunday night I got to go to Thomas and Amy's for dinner. It was just so sweet being there. I got to hold baby Max (who is already 6 weeks old today). He just kept smiling and cooing at me. That is always so sweet when they begin to do those things but something else that was just so special to me was the opportunity I had to visit with Bro. Larry. I haven't really had a chance to get to know him. We went to OR in September for his baptism but haven't really had the chance to get to know him. He is just so precious. I am so thankful we had our time to get to know each other. Hopefully it wont be long and he will come visit us here in Idaho. Monday was the funeral for Bro. Eric. On the way to the cemetery I finally decided what song to sing. I was able to sing it a couple times in the car as I was pulling up to the cemetery. The service was nice. Bro. Jakob did a good job. He had some really good things to say. Anyway, I sang and now it is over. I was able to see some brethren that I haven't seen in about 3 years. After the service we had a potluck at the church. After the potluck we had a visit at the Hansen's. Tuesday I came home.

This post is probably the most boring one I have written but just thought I would go through the last few days. It was a nice trip that went too fast. I am thankful I was able to go and I am thankful that the Lord chose to use my in a couple of things while I was there. It always comforts me when the Lord uses me. His spirit is such an awesome thing.

3 comments:

carimarie said...

Im glad you had a nice visit, it sounds like you had a nice time. So I guess you didnt get to see another new baby when you were there...no baby yet for Tiffy Im taking it? Hopefully if its Gods will she will be able to have a healthy baby while her mom is in town!

Cherrie said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Glad God worked it out for you to go.

Sis. Connie M. said...

It was great to see you again, if even just for a min. The song was beautiful!