"Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
My thoughts this moring have been on delighting in the Lord. Am I?
"And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them."
Am I one who can sing and praise the Lord in the darkest of days? For many years, as the waves crashed around me, I did have a heart to sing in the storm. In recent weeks I can say that the weight of the load has been so heavy. I have felt as if I could barely crawl under the weight. As I lay my head on my pillow each night, feeling as if I gained no ground in the battle that day. It added to the weight...the feeling of failure.
Today is a new day...today is a day to delight in the Lord, to find the peace and comfort that only comes from His throne. So, I boldly approach the throne....
"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."
Dear Lord, please hear the meditations of my heart and return unto me the heart to sing in the storm. AMEN....
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Delight In The Lord
Posted by Kim at Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment