Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Imaginations And A Willing MInd

" And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever."


Imaginations of the thoughts have been on my mind the last couple of days. What are they? To me, they are the "what ifs", the wondering of what may come of this or that. Those imaginations are a tool that the adversary uses to take peace from us. I have area of my life that is easy to go to the "what if" and "THIS is the time that such and such is going to happen". When I allow myself those thoughts, the fear of facing things that have left scars rises within me. As I was pondering this scripture something happened in that area in my life that caused a fear to rise within me. I felt the fear, was trying to put it away and then a reminder came of this scripture. It hit me....When I allow the "imaginations" of the "what ifs" or the "this time"...I am NOT having a willing mind. I am not having full faith in what the Lord has for me in my life. What if it did happen? It has happened before and He carried me through. I still kept walking the road to Him. I still felt the wounds of what happened and wiped the tears that ran down the cheek but He didn't forsake me. If the thing that I find a fear in DID happen, so what? Do I not think He would get me through this time? I need to remember


"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."


I need to not allow the adversary to use this any more. I need to just cast it away from me and allow the Lord to have is His perfect work. I need to have a WILLING MIND to suffer it again if I have to. Do I think I will still feel the fear rear its ugly little head...yes, I probably will but I need to be quick to find the willing mind to except what ever comes.


I am thankful for the thoughts that he brought to my mind. I'm thankful that He is showing me the adversary afar off so I can flee. "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." Lord, please continue to teach me. Please make me perfect in love...


"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

0 comments: