Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Witness To A Spankin'

"And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. "

I was thinking about being a kid and one of my siblings being punished. I was thinking specifically about when they were getting a spanking. I remember times when it broke my heart. (Yes, there were times that I laughed with thoughts about how much the deserved it!) The times that it broke my heart is where my thoughts are this morning. I see how that part of me hasn't changed. Have you ever had to sit back and watch one of your brethren get a spankin' from the Lord? Yes, you know it is good for them but it still breaks the heart. I don't like to see those that I love have to go through those things. I just want to remind myself that the Lord is doing it because he loves them and they are HIS CHILD. I want to remember that in doing so, if they endure the chastisement, it will keep their feet on the straight path. I have been on the receiving end of a spanking from the Lord many times and it isn't fun and still need to remember the same things but it is different watching those you love. I remember a story about a Brother when he was a child. He and his siblings were running around and were told to stop or they were going to get a spanking. They didn't stop. His Dad stopped them and told them they were going to get their spanking. This brother pushed his little Sister into the corner and stood between her and Dad and said "Dad, please don't spank her, I'll take her spanking." This is a time like that in my life. A time that I want to take someones spanking for them. I know that I cant. I know it is for them and them only. It is just hard to witness someone you love getting their spankin'. I am thankful that it brings sorrow to my heart to see them go through it and not have the heart to laugh and think they are getting what they deserve. It is amazing what thoughts have come and what I have learned by being a witness to a spanking.....

0 comments: