Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Wonder...

The other day I was thinking about what my children would remember about me. Today I think I got just a little glimpse. A dear Sister came over today. We always enjoy her so much. She brought a game for us to play together. Tony, Justin, Josh, She and I sat down to play. We all enjoyed it. We all laughed and enjoyed our time together and it was there that the little glimpse came. The question was...Imagine If MOM was a sporting event, what would she be? There were 6 choices but before the choices were read off one of the boys piped up and said, "is Bible reading or speed Bible reading a choice". Although he was kidding it gave me a glimpse of what he saw, what he would remember. It really meant a lot to me but yet made me think. What else have they seen? It made me think back to a couple of months ago. I had gone into my room, closed the door and knelt down to pray. While praying the door opened and one of my boys just stood there and watched me. They have walked in many times as they have grown up but it was the first time that they didn't just quietly close the door and wait until I came out. Young Moms, never hide your prayers. I know the scriptures talk about going into your closet but let your children see. How else will they learn where to go in the time of trouble? How will they learn HOW to pray? Let them see you open your Bible and read. We as Mothers have a responsibility to teach them so many things. The beginning of being taught about the Lord and how to serve Him comes from Mom. We are with them everyday, all day. Do we use the time? Have we taught them, not just with words but in action where to go in the time of trouble? Have they seen us get down and pray? Or do they only hear us at meal time when we bless the food? Have we shown them the importance of reading the Word? My Son's simple comment stirred so many thoughts. I am thankful for the desire that God has placed in my heart to read and study the Word. I am thankful that it didn't go unnoticed by my children. That little comment is very treasured. I am thankful for each time that they have walked in on me praying. I am so thankful for that little comment that fed so many thoughts.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I needed this reminder.