For many years I stood back and watched as friends interacted without having a desire to be close to anyone within myself. Many heartaches took that desire away long ago. Early last year I began to find myself beginning to long for someone close to home that I could do things with. Someone I could call just because something amazing happened. Someone I could just meet for lunch. Someone that I was so comfortable with that even if we sat next to each other in silence it would not be uncomfortable at all. Most of all, someone to share with, thoughts, trials, afflictions and laughter. I began to pray on my knees about it every single day. Through the day, things would happen that would bring the longing of wanting someone to call to talk to about it. With that would come a whispered prayer asking once again that God would bring me someone.
Months passed and many prayers were prayed. I knew that God knew, not only my desire, but what and who I would need. One Sunday we showed up to church, sat down and then noticed 2 women sitting in the back. Tony got up and introduced himself first. I made my way back there to do the same. They were 2 Sisters. When the first one stood and introduced herself to me and I went to greet her, the spirit within me quickened. I felt a press toward her but really didnt know why. With each conversation, the press got stronger and the love grew. It was so amazing to see and feel God working. The times that the Lord revealed things to me before she said a word have meant so much. The frienship came so natural. One day it hit me...she is who I had prayed for. Now it feels as if she has always been there. She is close to home, I can meet her for lunch, we call just because something happens that we want to share and yes, we have sat in a room just looking at each other in total silence and there was no uncomfortableness at all. I can spend hours and hours doing anything together. We just have so much fun. We stir each others mind with spiritual things. This friendship has been so good for me and it has to taught me so much. There is so much more I could say about this precious friendship but will spare you the sap.
As I wrote my previous post about whispered prayers this blessing kept coming to my mind. I thought about how many prayers fell from my lips about this very thing. This sweet blessing is so treasured to me. God hand picked her to be my friend for a reason. He knows what I need and how to mold me. Not only did he bless me with a precious friend but with her came a couple more dear Sisters that are so amazing. The 5 of us have so much fun communicating back and forth. We laugh together, pray for each other and just flat out be silly together. I am so thankful for these things. I thank God for hearing my prayers and bringing just what I needed. I thank God for the longing that began to fill my heart and for the press that HE placed in my heart toward her. I thank the Lord for working something so sweet. It isn't something that is needed or even promised. It is something that he gave to me just because he saw my desire. My writing abilities fail to even express what is in my heart. I am just thankful....thankful for answered prayers and the blessings that come from His hand.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Prayers and A Blessing...
Posted by Kim at Sunday, January 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Sis Kim,
I am so happy that the Lord answered this prayer for you. Its something I have prayed for too and am still waiting for but it is exciting to see it become a reality for you. I know we don't know each other real well but I just wanted to let you know that I find your blog posts very comforting.
Post a Comment