Friday, January 20, 2012

Whispered Prayers



My thoughts have been on whispered prayers. The scriptures say to "Pray without ceasing". We all know that there is much to get done during the day so we can't spend the day on our knees. That leaves much of the praying to whispered prayers. I know that God hears each prayer. I also have the confidence to know that he will answer each one according to HIS will. Each time God answers my prayer it comforts my heart but sometimes when he answers the whispered prayer quickly it seems to mean more than when I have sought him for a long time about something. Maybe it is just because it reminds me that he is mindful of me as I seek him for "big" things?? I am thankful for the answered whispered prayers no matter how small. I am comforted when I whisper a prayer for a dear friend to call and the phone rings. It touches my heart when I whisper to him and ask for understanding and I open his word and he takes me right where I need to read. I can't even count how many prayers are whispered each day. I am thankful for the opportunity to go to Him with each prayer, big or small. I am thankful to KNOW that He hears each word and counts each tear. It is a precious gift to be given faith. A gift that I treasure and hold dearly. Thank you Lord for answering my WHISPERED PRAYERS......

0 comments: