Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hold On Girls....A Little Glimpse Into My Thoughts

Good Morning Everyone! I know it has been a while but like some others, my mind hasn't really been on blogging. Things around here have been very busy. I know another Sister asked for prayers for Sis. Shannon and she really could use it. I have had the opportunity to take care of her quite a bit last week. We had some good visits but she really is in need of God's mercy. If he doesn't stretch forth his hand to heal her she may not live. It is getting more serious. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. We know that God's will WILL be done but just pray that they will have comfort and a peace in their heart. Also, please pray for all that may come care for her in the days to come that we would have direction and be given comforting words to speak.

Ok, so here is a glimpse of what I have been thinking about for a couple of weeks (one of many things...LOL)

Job Chapter 1

8And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

9Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

11But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

12And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

I have been thinking about the "hedge" that Satan was speaking of. I was thinking about the other stories where there was a hedge around them. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had a hedge about them to not be burned, to not even smell as smoke. Daniel had a hedge to protect him from the lions. There are so many stories. I was thinking about the hedge about me. There have been times in my life that I could feel the hedge around me. I knew that God was protecting me and in the center of the hedge was so much peace though the storm be raging. I am thankful for the hedge. I also know that from time to time the hedge has been let down and God has allowed things to come to try me.

7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:


9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

I know we will be tried with fire but I also know that when God says it is enough the hedge will come up again. I want to be able to wait patiently on the hedge. To not sit and wonder where the hedge is and when enough will be enough.

Psalm 77
1I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
2In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
3I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
4Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
5I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.
6I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.
7Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more?
8Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth his promise fail for evermore?
9Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.
10And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.
11I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
12I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
13Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
14Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
15Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
16The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled.
17The clouds poured out water: the skies sent out a sound: thine arrows also went abroad.
18The voice of thy thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lightened the world: the earth trembled and shook.
19Thy way is in the sea, and thy path in the great waters, and thy footsteps are not known.
20Thou leddest thy people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.


I read this Psalm last week and it stirred my mind. Am I as David and wondering where God is or am I focused on thinking of the good things as the scriptures say? You know...Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are lovely..... I know about half way through he decided to think on the good things the Lord has done but where am I in that?

I know this post is a little lengthy so I will leave you with this...

Hebrews Chapter 10

35Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.


I hope that maybe this will stir your mind to what the Lord has done in your life, the times the hedge has been around and the times you have been in the fire. Love you all!

5 comments:

pandama said...

thanks sister kim i know i have been all over in that psalm and pray that God gives me the grace to be patient every time until the hedge is placed back and have the faith that he'll put it there again if we wait with the right heart and believe his promises.

carimarie said...

Thanks for updating about Sis Shanon I knew she was bad but I get nervous sometimes about posting things because I wasnt sure who can see our blogs and who cant, sometimes people leave comments on my blog who I dont even know and they are & not apart of our assembly Im still figuring this blog thing out LOL Im thankfull you are able to be there for sis shanon I pray for her and her hubby and kids every day!

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for Sis Shannon, I didn't realize she was getting worse until church Sunday...thanks for the update!

Sis Stubby said...

We all are praying for Sis. Shannon
Sis. Jackie asked for prayer for her tonight in church.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog this morning. Thank you for posting these verses and this encouragement that I so desperately needed. I know it's not "coincidence" that these are the exact verses that God has been bringing to me over and over again in the last few days. Thank you, Lord, for brothers and sisters who lift me up.