Thursday, February 28, 2008

Steadfast and Unmovable

"Therefore my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."

I read this Scripture and it has given me some things to think about. As silly as it may sound, the first thing that came to my mind was the tortoise and the hare. I just want to be the tortoise, Steady and slow. I thought back about how many I have seen in my life come into the faith and be so excited. They have a lot of zeal, and then slowly it fades. Then one day where did they go? I want to be the tortoise, not meaning I want to be slow in what the Lord wants me to learn but just steady. I want to build my house with soundness that comes with time and patience. I want it to withstand the storms. I don't want my love to fade. I want my service to the Lord and his people to be ever strong until I take my last breath. I want the word to come to me with as much excitement as it did in the beginning. I want my love for his people to fill my heart and from time to time to fill my heart so much that my eyes may fill with tears. I have felt that love many times and I just don't want that to change until he calls me home.

I have just been thinking so much about that scripture and what it is to be steadfast and unmovable. Good things to think on. Am I unmovable in the storm as the winds blow all around and the waves crash about me?

Am I up and about laboring for the Lord? I have prayed a lot lately about laboring. I received a prophecy last September that told me that he had labors for me to do and he would have me up and around and about that I would be doing these things that he had for me to do. He also told me that I knewest well what he would have me to do and I well knew the gifts he had laid on my shoulders. It said many things but I have been thinking about that scripture and what he told me. I don't want to fail in what I am required to do. It doesn't just take a sweet blessing away from me for my lack of laboring but it takes something away from the brethren. It could have been something so sweet that the lord wanted to do for them. Am I willing to labor for the comfort or edification of those I say I love? Sometimes it is easy to come to meeting or to a visit and want a prophecy or to hear a song or prayer but am I willing to do those things for someone else? I have been thinking about these things for a long time. I just pray that the Lord will continue to increase the gifts that he has given me and that I will always have a willing heart and mind to submit to his spirit.

3 comments:

Trina said...

Those are all very good things to think on. I want to be like the hare too, for the very same reasons. Thanks for a beautiful post!

Cherrie said...

I feel like I need to more all the time. I am glad you read my posts it makes me feel good when I get comments. Hopefully I don't bore you all with my daily life.

Anonymous said...

I have always loved that scripture, even when I have failed to be all that it says. I have felt so many times that I was such a failure if I didn't get it all.. do it all.. be it all right now. But I'm thankful for steady patience the Lord has with me in the things He has had to teach me.

You said "Sometimes it is easy to come to meeting or to a visit and want a prophecy or to hear a song or prayer but am I willing to do those things for someone else?" Such a good thought. I pray God would always give me that kind of heart.