Another year has passed and gone. I have neglected blogging in 2012 and I hope to change that in 2013. I have found comfort in blogging in the past but easily neglected it. So...here we go....
2012 was full of so many things, good and not so good. At the beginning of the year I wrote about a friend that the Lord had brought into my life. Boy, has that continued to be a HUGE blessing in my life. She is so much more that just a friend to me. First and foremost....she is my MOM. Many years ago my own Mother decided to reject us. A Motherly relationship was something I longed for. No matter how old you get, there are times that you just want your Mom. The Lord brought me a Mom. He knew what and who I needed. The relationship is very sweet to me. (Yes, she gives me a spankin' when she thinks I need it) She stirs my mind to good things of the Lord, she has held my hand through the sorrows of the year. She has hugged me as I cried and took care of me when I was sorely afflicted. She has comforted me, taught me, laughed with me and cried with me. I can not fully express what it has meant and continues to mean to me.
2012 also brought our first grand baby. Our little Isaac Nathaniel was born in September. He has brought joy in so many ways. Those little grand babies just have a way of brightening the darkest day.
The Lord also blessed me with quite a few trips in 2012, 3 trips to Morgantown, Idaho camp meeting and 2 trips to Oregon. Out of all those trips only 1 was taken without my Mom! It was so wonderful to share those experiences with her. Taking 6 trips in a year seems amazing in itself, never mind that I was in bed with pain, unable to speak or open my eyes for quite some time. God still worked a work to rise me from the bed of affliction and took me to be with His people. AMAZING!
Above I mentioned some not so good stuff happened in 2012....some may be thinking that I am talking about being sick but no. That was a precious time for me. One no so good moment was when I was in Morgantown and got a call from Jared that he had been in a car wreck. He flipped his car, end over end 3 times. His car was a convertible so not much protection. His protection came by the Lords hand. Not a good phone call to get when 1700 miles away from home. Less than a week later he called to tell me he had been in another wreck. UGH! This time his girlfriend was driving and an SUV ran a stop sign, plowed into them and then fled the scene. They both had some injuries but thank the Lord they are both fully recovered. Oh and by the way, they found the guy that hit them because his license plate fell off when he hit them.
Anyway, 2012 was full of joys and sorrows, things that were so unexpected. Now to begin another year....what lies ahead? I guess we will see....
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Another Year Passed and Gone...
Posted by Kim at Thursday, January 03, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I enjoyed reading your blog today. To see you overcome the down times and then praise the good times is amazing. A lot of times we forget the good is only good because of the bad.
Post a Comment