I got online to post on my blog but before I did I stopped at a couple of the Sisters blogs first. It was sweet to me to find that they had some of the same things on their mind. Self examination and courage was on my mind lately. I was thinking how sometimes I feel I have the courage to follow the lead of the spirit and do what I KNOW I am suppose to do and sometimes it is a struggle. Recently I felt to go and do something. I knew where to go and what to do but I allowed someone to talk me out of it. I didn't have the courage to just go anyway. I have been kicking myself ever since. I need to ALWAYS have the courage to walk out and follow the direction of the spirit. All these thoughts have brought self-examination. Am I striving to be what God would have me to be? I see many failures and so much to work on but I am so thankful that He is always there to help me through. We know that living the faith isn't all about our self. Am I a help to my brethren? Am I willing to give of myself? Am I content with what I think my "place" is in the body or do I seek God to be used in ANY way? (even if it's new) So, basically, I see I have things to work on and lots of things to pray about. I don't want to be as the story in the scriptures of the man who hid his talent. I don't want to just be comfortable with what I think my "place" in the body is. I hope my heart will always be to seek God for him to show me what else I can do for him. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father is teaching and showing me his ways even though it comes with a lil spankin' sometimes.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Amen! I've been thinking of the same thing lately too! :)
Love you!
its nice to know even when we dont step out on his promises, he is so quick to forgive us and help us with our next tasks. i love you
Been having some of the same thoughts lately too. I enjoyed reading the blogs this morning. It seams like others are having the same thoughts.
Love you big sissy!
Post a Comment